Monday, January 23, 2012

Grenada, Mississippi, Fitting out trailer

13 April 2012

Joe's place, Grenada, Mississippi.

I took the rig here to make up the mountings to carry the aircraft in the trailer securely.
And that's a real challenge cause many aircraft are damaged while transported.
The ride in a trailer is rougher than it feels in a car, and things shake loose and rub through.
Need just the right support and padding.
And it still has to be convenient to load and unload.
Takes some head scratching, and this was a real good place to do it....

I couldn't have done this project at all without the facilities so generously provided
by both John B and Joe.
I offer so many thanks for their assistance,
and treasure fond memories of my time with them!


I've known Joe for awhile now, from his work on the Zenith 701.
He's flown everything from B-52s to his Legal Eagle, and knows his stuff.
He has lots of aircraft building experience.

And a workshop that has everything I could need.
And it's well organized and tidy!
A great place to work.
These are his current flying aircraft.
A legal Eagle and a 701.
There's a retired RV8 in the back,
and a new project of his own design in progress in the back room.


.....................................................................

I don't have photos of the work in progress, but the result is shown next page, and it's all worked very well for thousands of miles over all sorts of roads and countless loading and unloading.
I wish I'd kept a tally of the number of times...

......................................................................


I'm lookn' a bit glum here but shouldn't.
This is the local auto parts store in Grenada.
Free coffee, and notice the free cookie jar!
Australian auto parts stores have a lot to learn......

No comments:

Post a Comment